Held October 12-13, 2018 at the JW Marriott Houston in Houston
BCAN’s Bladder Cancer Summit participants:
- Connected with other bladder cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers.
- Learned about the role and impact of clinical trials in the advancement of bladder cancer treatment.
- Listened to leading bladder cancer experts discuss recent and upcoming bladder cancer research advances.
- Learned best practices for raising awareness of bladder cancer in a community.
- Identified how to speak up about state and national legislative issues affecting the bladder cancer community in 2019 and beyond.
- Understand how BCAN programs and services can help in their bladder cancer journey.
Read about the 2018 Best of BCAN winners!
Click the links to view slides from the following presentations:
- Bladder Cancer 101: BCAN Resources to Reach & Teach about Bladder Cancer, with Stephanie Chisolm, PhD
- Bladder Cancer Research Advocacy 101 and Clinical Trials 2.0: Getting involved in bladder cancer research and understanding the drug development process and clinical trials, with Jane Perlmutter, PhD
- Advocate Action – Speak Out! Speak Up! Current Issues and Advocacy Tips: Discussion highlighting “Bladder Cancer Advocacy in a Changing Healthcare Environment| Practical Tips for Advocating Nationally and in Your State,” with Patrick Cavanagh (Atlas Advocacy)
After attending the 2018 Summit in Houston, TX, participants felt:
“More comfortable approaching others within the BCAN community to find out ways to advocate, start a support group and more. The scientific part of the meeting was invaluable!”
“Learned a lot about the future of bladder cancer treatment, and met lots of people who are so upbeat with the disease, even without a bladder!”
“Energized to do more! We continue to inspire each other!”
Meeting buddies from the Inspire community. Sharing BCAN volunteer strategies. Making new friends who really do understand what it means to live with bladder cancer!
Reach & Teach Others
Get tips, tools, and tactics to teach and raise awareness about bladder cancer in our community!
Advances in Research
Listening as top bladder cancer researchers share new developments and exciting bladder cancer research on the horizon.