BCAN’s Participating in Research Series
During their 15th Anniversary Year, BCAN is hosting a special webinar series “Participating in Research”. In this series, learn more about how you, as a patient, can get involved in research, with everything from providing feedback on grants to participating in a research team for clinical trial design. Register for all three, even if you can’t attend, and receive the unedited recordings
- February 26rd at 7:00 PM Eastern: Engaging in Clinical Trial Design as a Patient-Featuring Patty Spears and Bob Lipman
- April 23rd at 7:00 PM Eastern: Engaging with “Pharma” as a Patient -Featuring Tim Turnham, Nancy Lindsey, and Karen Sachse
- June 23rd at 6:00 PM Easter: Engaging in Grant Review as a Patient – Featuring Donna Kimbark, Ralph Ullman, and Bill Russell
About the Speakers
- Patty Spears is a scientific research manager and patient research advocate for the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Lineberger Cancer Institute.
- Bob Lipman is a bladder cancer survivor and active patient research advocate with BCAN. He has participated in several different roles from grant review to clinical trial design.
- Tim Turnham is part of Voz Advisors and actively works with companies to advocate for patients.
- Nancy Lindsey is a bladder cancer survivor and active Patient Research Advocate.
- Karen Sachse is both a bladder cancer survivor and a former bladder cancer caregiver. She is active as a Patient Research Advocate and sharing her story.
- Donna Kimbark is the Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program Manager for the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP). She oversees the program that funds research for cancers that don’t have a line item in the CDMRP.
- Ralph Ullman is a bladder cancer survivor and an active Patient Research Advocate.
- Bill Russell is a bladder cancer survivor and an active Patient Research Advocate.