The John Quale Travel Fellowship Program is a special opportunity for early career investigators interested in bladder cancer research to attend the annual Bladder Cancer Think Tank Meeting.
The $1,700 travel fellowships awarded each year are intended to defray travel-related costs for attending the meeting. Hosted by the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN), the primary mission of this meeting is to enhance collaboration among physicians and researchers who are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of bladder cancer. This is a unique opportunity to meet and learn from leaders in the field. The Travel Fellowship Program seeks to engage more early-career individuals with interests related to bladder cancer including basic scientists, urologists, oncologists, and pathologists.
Please contact BCAN at email@example.com if you have questions.
2020 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Nathan Brooks, MD
- John Christin, MD, PhD
- Carissa Chu, MD
- Ali Khaki, MD
- Richard Matulrwicz, MD
- Jeffrey Wong, MD, PhD
2019 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Lee Hugar, MD
- Amy Lim, MD, PhD
- Amy Luckenbaugh, MD
- Swathi Ramakrishnan, MD
- Samuel Washington, MD
- Nathan Wong, MD, FRCSC
2018 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Arpita Roy, PhD
- Nirmish Singla, MD
- Shawn Dason, MD
- Panagiotis Vlachostergios, MD, PhD
2017 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Neelam Mukherjee, PhD
- Brian Winters, MD
- Vadim Koshkin, MD
- Janet Kukreja, MD, MPH
2016 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Samuel Funt, MD, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Matthew Mossansen, MD, Urologic Oncology Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Tracy Rose, MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Debasish Sundi, MD, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
2015 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Abdul R. Banday, Ph.D., M.S. Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Translational Genomics National Cancer Institute, NIH NCI Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics
- Max Kates, M.D. Resident, Department of Urology Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
- Huyen T. Nguyen, Ph.D. Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Radiology The Ohio State University
- Randy Sweis, M.D. Fellow, Division of Hematology/Oncology The University of Chicago
2014 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Philip Ho, MD, Urologic Oncology Fellow, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Tim Lautenschlaeger, MD , Research Assistant Professor, Senior Radiation Oncology Resident, The Ohio State University
- Young Lee, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, National Cancer Institute, Urologic Oncology Branch
- Anirban Mitra, MD, PhD, Senior Research Associate, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine / Center for Personalized Medicine, University of Southern California
2013 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Richard Bambury, MD, BCh, BAO, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Sima Porten, MD, MPH, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Srinivas Vourganti, MD, National Cancer Institute
- Daniel Willis, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
2012 John Quale Travel Fellows
- Arjun Balar, MD, an assistant professor at the New York University Cancer Center presented on targeted therapies and markers to predict response and prognosis for bladder cancer.
- Jeffrey Bassett, MD, MPH, a fellow in urologic oncology at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, discussed introducing tobacco screening into urology clinics and using the visit as a teachable moment among bladder cancer survivors.
- Eugene Lee, MD, a urologic oncology fellow at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, talked about driving laboratory science based on patient needs in bladder cancer – especially adjunct therapies to BCG and chemotherapy.
- Armine Smith, MD, a urologic oncology fellow at the National Cancer Institute, presented on the need for combination targeted therapy in treating bladder cancer.