The 2019 Bladder Cancer Think Tank | August 8 – 10, 2019 | Washington, DC
The Think Tank is the premier annual bladder cancer-specific medical meeting in North America and BCAN’s essential vehicle for advancing collaborative bladder cancer research efforts. Since its inception in 2006, this scientific meeting has focused on identifying obstacles and creating solutions in bladder cancer research, and has fostered discussions to help define priorities for advancing bladder cancer research.
TT19 Overarching Objectives: To create opportunities for collaboration among basic scientists, practitioners, advocates and industry partners to understand the integration of palliative care into the management of bladder cancer patients; the ongoing engagement between relevant bladder cancer stakeholders and the FDA Oncology Center of Excellence (OCE); and the application of computational biolog in bladder cancer translational science.
Thursday, August 8 | Keynote Address: Rethinking Follow Up Care While Addressing Bladder Cancer Survivors Needs. Deborah K. Mayer, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN, Interim Director of National Cancer Institute’s Office of Cancer Survivorship.
- View Dr. Mayer’s slides here.
Friday, August 9 | Panel – Integrating Palliative Care into the Management of Bladder Cancer Patients. Co-Chairs: MaryW. Dunn, RN, MSN, OCN, NP-C, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and Robert Svatek, MD, UT Health San Antonio.
Friday, August 9 | 2017 Bladder Cancer Research Innovation Award Presentation – Seth P. Lerner, MD, FACS, Baylor College of Medicine. “Proteogenomic characterization of muscle-invasive bladder cancer to identify mechanisms of resistance and targets for therapy.”
- View Dr. Lerner’s slides here.
Friday, August 9 | Panel – FDA and the Bladder Cancer Community – Collaborating to Improve Outcomes. Co-Chairs: Andrea Apolo, MD, NIH, Seth Lerner, MD, Baylor College of Medicine, and Chana Weinstock, MD, FDA
- View Dr. Chana Weinstock’s slides here – Regulating Bladder Cancer at FDA OCE
- View Dr. Seth Lerner’s slides here – BCG Shortage Update.
- View Dr. Seth Lerner’s slides here – NIMBC Summary of BCAN-FDA Worshop
- View Dr. Andrea Apolo’s slides here – FDA Collaboration on Adjuvant Bladder Cancer Trial Design
- View Dr. Jamie Marko’s slides here – Imaging for MIBC Trials
Saturday, August 10 | Panel – Computational Biology: Emerging Applications for Translational Discoveries in Bladder Cancer. Co-Chairs: Gopa Iyer, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Eliezer “Eli” Van Allen, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center
- View Dr. Gordon Robertson’s slides here – Resources and computational analyses | TCGA, PCA, GDAN, GDC, regulons
- View Dr. Nikolas Shultz’s slides here – Identifying Driver Alterations and Therapeutic Options
- View Dr. Seungchan Kim’s slides here – Biomarker Discovery: Computational Approaches
The TT19 had sixteen Breakout Sessions/Working Groups – Click here to view the full agenda and breakout session descriptions.